lunes, 8 de julio de 2013

5 common mistakes when we speak English. Part 5


By scottchan in FreeDigitalPhotos.net

1. Don´t say "This is the first time I'm here, Say "...the first time I've been here".
Usamos el presente perfecto (I have been) en  frases construidas con That/it/this is the first/second/best etc. EG This is the first time that I've heard her sing (NOT ...that I hear her sing)

Con expresiones del tipo this is the last... se usa el presente (simple o continuo) y tiempos futuros. EG This is the last time I pay/I'm paying/I'll pay.

2. Don´t say "He said me that he was English", Say He told me that he was English".
Say se usa con más frecuencia sin objeto personal EG She said that she should be late (NOT She said me...)
Si queremos poner un pronombre personal sujeto para indicar quien recibe la acción debemos poner la preposición to. I say to all the people of this coutry..."

3. Don´t say "We go every Saturdays", Say ".... every Saturday".
Every es un determinante. Normalmente lo usamos antes de un nombre que va en singular. Si ese nombre es un sujeto, su verbo es también singular. I see her every day (NOT every days). Every room is beautiful (NOT every rooms are...)
Si detrás de every ponemos un nombre en plurar en expresiones que se refieren a intervalos. EG There's a meeting every 6 months (cada 6 meses). She had to stop every two steps (cada dos escalones)

4. Don't say "I'm thinking to change my job", Say "I'm thinking of changing my job".
Cuando el verbo think es usado para opiniones (en el significado de tener una opinion), las formas continuas no son comunes. EG What do you think? (NOT what are you thinking?). Si tiene otros significados, como considerar o planear sí se pueden usar las formas continuas. EG I'm thinking of changing my job. 

Después de think preferimos expresiones con ing en vez de infinitivos. She's thinking of going to university next year (NOT she's thinking to go...")

5. Don´t say "He's married with a doctor", Say "He's married to a doctor". 
Después del verbo marry no va preposición EG She married her friend Tom. En cambio con marriage y get/be married  va la preposición to y no with. EG How long have you been married to Paul?

Otras entradas con errores comunes en Inglés:

5 common mistakes. Part 1
5 common mistakes. Part 2
5 common mistakes. Part 3
5 common mistakes. Part 4

¿Quieres recibir clases de inglés?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario